Pool Plastering Las Vegas
After a while, the swimming pool that you have invested time, resources, and energy to maintain will eventually wear down. You will notice that the bottom and walls of your swimming pool have become rough, uneven, and even sharp in certain places. These issues make the condition of your supposed happy place where bonding moments with friends and family take place, to be less than ideal.
Once the original plaster used on your pool becomes rough, the rest of its surface becomes unsightly and, worse, potentially dangerous. Once this happens, you’ll need to come up with a sound plan in order to restore your pool to its former glory.
Pool plastering Las Vegas is a rather traditional way to have your recreation area fully-functional again.
Pool Plastering Las Vegas NV : Installation Process
In a nutshell, pool plastering is the process of adding a new layer of mortar on the entire interior surface of your pool that already has an existing plaster layer. It is one of the more common yet expensive maintenance procedures that you’ll need to do if you own a swimming pool.
Upon installation, either gunite or concrete is used to form the pool shell. However, both are known to be porous substances which means, they are unable to hold water over time. As a result, you will have to keep refilling the concrete or gunite shell since it empties out on its own rather often.
What Las Vegas NV installers usually do to address this concern is to add a layer of plaster which not only keeps the water from draining out but improves the feel and look of your pool surface as well. A newly-plastered pool is typically shiny and smooth with a shade of blue.
FAQs : POOL PLASTERING
How long does it take to plaster a pool?
Pool Plastering Las Vegas does take not too much time to finish. The whole pool plastering process only takes 4-5 hours to finish. Other renovations such as pool resurfacing often take more than 5 hours to finish, but it provides a great finish that is based on your desired outcome.
What is used to plaster a pool?
Pool Plastering is a mix of white cement, marble dust, and several additives that will add strength to the pool surface.
How much does it cost to Replaster a pool Las Vegas?
On average, the cost of Pool Plastering Las Vegas cost is $3.32 to $3. 77 per square foot.
How much does it cost to resurface a plaster pool?
Pool resurfacing can be another option for improving the look of your Las Vegas NV pool area. The average cost to resurface a plaster pool ranges from $5 to $8 per square foot. Plus labor cost and material costs.
Pool Plastering Disadvantages
While plaster is the basic option when it comes to pool resurfacing, it does come with its own set of limitations, namely:
- Pool Plastering Las Vegas is the least durable among the different concrete pool finishes. It only lasts for 5-10 years. But if you want a more durable finish for your pool area one of the best options is pool resurfacing.
- Plaster is accommodating to algae. Since algae eat up the chlorine in pools, it will require you to perform acid washing every three years and surface maintenance every week.
- If not adequately maintained, plaster can also crack, etch, scale, or stain.
- Trowel marks are more visible on standard plaster than other pool finishes.
- Colored plaster either streaks, mottles, or loses its dye entirely.
- It is rough to the touch, just like most concrete pool finishes.
Glasscoat Pool Surface System : Ideal Pool Resurfacing Las Vegas NV Option
The water in pools often undergoes treatment using aggressive chemicals to keep it clean and hygienic. While these chemicals attack bacteria and algae, they have an adverse effect on your pool surface as well.
This is where Glasscoat Pool Resurfacing Las Vegas stand-out. Glasscoat is inert to these chemicals, which is just one of the reasons why it is an ideal choice for a pool surface. The use of the latest resin and spray technologies ensures that you’ll have a smooth and vibrant surface that will last a long time.
Glasscoat vs. Plaster: A Comparative Analysis
Converting your pool to a Glasscoat finish adds multiple benefits that are specific to a pool condition:
- Set-up: Glasscoat is easy to install. No brushing is needed; simply allow it to cure, then you’re all set to start. Using plaster is more complicated. It requires brushing and a lot of attention while being installed.
- Life Expectancy: Glasscoat is expected to last for 20 years, which far exceeds the service life of plaster, which can last from 5-7 years depending on certain factors such as water chemistry and application technique, among others.
- Water Chemistry: Glasscoat is a very forgiving surface. The inert property of which isn’t that sensitive to out-of-balance water chemistry. The plaster surface is easily compromised as it is susceptible to incorrect water chemistry.
- Durability: Glasscoat ensures exceptional durability for its superior corrosion resistance and inert properties. Meanwhile, material limitations reduce the longevity of plaster.
- Algae Resistance: The smooth, dense, and non-porous surface of Glasscoat prevents algae from adhering as opposed to the porous surface of plaster in which algae willfully adhere to.
Additional benefits of Glasscoat include:
- The ability to maintain the attractive appearance of your swimming pool without intensive cleaning
- Resistance to stains (which makes its surface easy to clean)
- Its structural strength prevents leakingp
- Its smooth surface doesn’t wear off over time, which means you don’t have to worry about getting scratched feet, ever.
Truly, Glasscoat is a revolutionary material that will surely make the life of home and business owners alike easier by leaps and bounds.