Durable Concrete Driveway Solutions in Las Vegas, NV
In today’s paving market, the variety of options keep on increasing. Although often used as a sub-base, concrete is now a viable alternative to appealing but expensive paving materials. It has reached the status of being an impressive aesthetic enhancement to, not only the garage or basement but to all other concrete surfaces in a residential or commercial property. As a concrete driveway, it has become an ideal alternative to asphalt.
Driveway Problems & Repair Solutions
The concrete driveway is always exposed to weather and temperature changes. It gets rained on, is exposed to UV rays, and more. The most common issues that concrete driveways encounters are:
- Cracks – Concrete is not flexible so you best believe that it could crack once it is exposed to pressure or impact. While cracks look terrible, they can easily be filled in. However, working cracks need a different solution. Working cracks are those that recur, often caused by regular movement underneath the slab, either by soil or water. Instead of filling it in, the concrete is scored, incorporating the crack into the design. This way, the slab is free to move without creating new cracks.
- Spalling – Spall offs are often caused by freeze-thaw damage. During winter, when snow and ice occur more often, most homeowners use deicing salts on their driveways for added traction. This could actually weaken the concrete and cause water to enter the slab. The water freezes and thaws repetitively within the slab, breaking the concrete into pieces. The most common indication that a driveway is suffering from spalling is a brittle surface with bits of concrete breaking loose. This can be resolved with a resurfacing overlay and a good sealer.
- Discoloration – Concrete has the tendency to discolor as it ages. Although this is superficial, it can affect curb appeal and property resale value. Another way concrete can get discolored is when it gets stained. An ideal solution is to stain the surface to cover up the discolored areas and to give the driveway a whole new look. Driveway resealing is highly recommended to eliminate porosity.
Driveway Resurfacing and Refinishing Options
Most contractors would not recommend replacing the entire concrete slab unless the damage is deep and extensive. Driveway resurfacing and refinishing are effective solutions to most types of damage repair. It effectively restores the concrete while giving it a new look, better function, and a longer lifespan.
- Stamped Concrete Overlay – This is a cementitious overlay that is great for covering up minor surface damage on a concrete driveway. Many driveway owners opt for this overlay because of the wide selection of patterns available, such as brick, flagstone, ashlar, travertine, fractured slate, and more.
- Stained Concrete – Driveway staining is highly recommended for covering up stubborn oil or grease stains. It can also be used as an additional enhancement for resurfaced concrete. It can make natural stone patterns look more realistic.
- Spray Knockdown Texture – Although popular for use on pool decks, this troweled concrete finish can also be used in other outdoor concrete surfaces, like the driveway. It features a unique texture that is absolutely slip-resistant. The cool surface helps keep rubber tires from melting, especially in super hot summers.
Cost of Concrete Driveway
Although it is safe to say that decorative is an inexpensive solution, there are certain factors that could affect the total costs of a resurfacing or refinishing project.
- Size of the job
- Surface preparation
- Type of material used
- Type of application method
- Additional enhancements
We are Here to Help Renew Your Concrete Driveway. Call (702) 389-9442 today!
Las Vegas Concrete Artisans is committed to fulfill, if not surpass, customer expectations from concept creation to project completion. We have over 20 years of experience in the concrete industry and our team of highly trained professionals is very well-versed in concrete stamped driveways as well as resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing. We value transparency, customer service, and meticulous attention to detail.
Do you have design or budget concerns? Call us. Let’s schedule an in-home visit so we can discuss your ideas and help you reshape your driveways into something that is appealing, functional, and long-lasting.
I used Las Vegas Concrete Artisans to do my pool deck area and they were amazing! Not only were they helpful in showing samples, colors etc… they were extremely organized and beyond efficient! I plan on using them in the future for more projects! I would highly recommend this company!
Las Vegas Concrete Artisans were a pleasure to work with. From the beginning of the process (project review, bid estimate, contract) to the final step (sealing my new porch and walkway), the team was courteous, professional, accommodating and thorough. Other than the weather prolonging the process, everything happened in order, as stated and without problems. I love my new walkway/porch and would recommend MCA to everyone!